Alex Bowers – Creating a PHP Login Script
Create Membership Based Communities, Discussion Boards, eCommerce Sites and more after Learning User
eCommerce… Discussion Boards… Online Communities… even Online Games…
They all have one thing in common: They require users to login and create accounts.
Understanding how to correctly create a login script is an important skill for any web developer. In this compact and crisp course, Alex Bowers takes you through the basics for creating a user management system in PHP. You’ll learn how to properly set up the database, use encryption, deal with errors and more.
You can use this course as a template for your own user management system. In two hours, you’ll learn everything you need to know to create a user logins, secure them and integrate the user login system in to just about any type of web site.
Alex Bowers ed his programming career learning PHP and MySQL, for a small project that he wanted to complete. Two years later, he had completed the project and become a bonifide PHP and mySQL expert. Alex was hooked- he just couldn’t get enough of coding. This was the beginning of a life long passion for programming.
- Course Introduction (0:47)
- Setting Up Your Database (5:25)
- The Login Page (2:07)
- Encryption Setup (4:28)
- Chapter 1 Lab Exercise
- Setting Up the Hash Function (3:08)
- Obtaining the Form Data (8:46)
- Securing Obtained Data (2:23)
- Checking Submitted Data (3:59)
- Error Reporting and Flash Session Data (12:11)
- Checking Against the Database (5:31)
- Insert Data (15:43)
- Flash Data (9:07)
- Activation Database Setup (3:04)
- Handling Activation (11:02)
- Chapter 2 Lab Exercise
- Check if User is Already Logged In (3:43)
- Storing Sessions in Your Database (3:57)
- Handling and Checking Activation (3:02)
- Check if User is Logged In (16:51)
- The Login Functionality (2:53)
- Remember Me (4:22)
- Chapter 3 Lab Exercise