John C.Hull – Options, Futures & Other Derivatives (5th Ed.)
For undergraduate and graduate courses in Options and Futures, Financial Engineering, and Risk Management, typically found in business, finance, economics and mathematics departments. This fifth edition text represents how academia and real-world practice have come together with a common respect and focus of theory and practice. It provides a unifying approach to the valuation of all derivatives. This popular course text is considered to be “the bible” by practitioners. The fifth edition has a total of seven new chapters.
FROM THE BACK COVER
JOHN C. HULL’S Options, Futures, and Other Derivatives is unique in that it is both a best-selling college textbook and the “bible” in trading rooms throughout the world.
The Fifth Edition continues to offer the most current topics in the field with the addition of seven NEW chapters:
- CHAPTER 4—”Hedging Strategies Using Futures,”a new chapter on the use of futures for hedging.
- CHAPTER 20—”More on Models and Numerical Procedures.”
- CHAPTER 25—”Swaps Revisited,”gives the reader insight into the range of nonstandard swap products.
- CHAPTER 27—”Credit Derivatives,”explains how these products work and how they should be valued.
- CHAPTER 28—”Real Options,”provides realistic examples showing how the real options approach can be used in capital investment appraisal.
- CHAPTER 29—”Insurance, heather, and Energy Derivatives,”explains non-traditional derivatives and their role in risk management.
- CHAPTER 30—”Derivatives, Mishaps, and What We Can Learn From Them.